Low-tech "Hacking"

hacking hackers hardware Xbox360 Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

GeneralZap1 #1 Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
I am starting to wonder how many low-tech hackers there are and just wish to indicate that there needs to be something done about them. Wargaming, I will not mention the type of hacking I mean, but you probably already know what I mean when I talk about "Xbox side low-tech hacking" wherein one gains unfair advantage by interrupting the flow of the game by a low tech, physical, hardware related hack. I am not mentioning it here but if an admin/GM/Dev wishes to know exactly what I mean I can PM you. The sad thing is, I think this is very common on Xbox Live, harder to trace without looking for it because it isn't software related per say, and there are training videos available online with tutorials as to how to do the hardware hack, sadly.

~11 Tanks to "Ace Tanker" Mastery (Beta).
33+ Tanks to "Ace Tanker" Mastery (
Current).

Semi-Current Evidence: http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/community/accounts/186371-GeneralZap1/

GeneralZap1 #2 Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
What ignorant shadow-born prick down-voted this post!? Grow a pair, this is a beta you insolent wanna-be-cheaters!

Edited by GeneralZap1, 21 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Current).

Semi-Current Evidence: http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/community/accounts/186371-GeneralZap1/

Savage13 #3 Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• Supertester
It wasnt me, but someone either did it because 1) they hack orther games and dont want any non-hacking comments out there, or 2) someone felt this has been dealt with and posted many times before - you theoretically can't hack a server based game (WoT) like you can with a peer to peer game (COD, Halo).  The server based game only takes input from your system and applies it to what is happening on the server, then relays that information to other consoles on the server so they can render what is happening locally on your screen.  If the input parameters from your system dont match pre-programed parameters for acceptable inputs, it will produce an error and boot you off the server.  I believe there are checks even before the game starts and the server can tell if your console is manipulating inputs outside of acceptable parameters.  Maybe a programer or dev/admin can expand on what I said or correct any inaccuracies.

I gave you a plus 1 to cancel one of the 2 negs you recieved on this.  Someone else wold need to cancel the other one.

Starshoy #4 Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Moderator RU

View PostSavage13, on 21 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Someone else wold need to cancel the other one.
Here  :smile:

GeneralZap1 #5 Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
Thank you. Anyway, there are some things which aren't exactly server related or mitigated.

Current).

Demon of Terror #6 Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
my opinion is that anyone that hacks in any case is a low life. if you have to do this just to make the game easier for your self than you dont need to play. iv had someone threaten to hack my xbox live acc. before and i just told them if they wanted it they could have it ill make a new one. they never took it. play the game like everyone else has to. to me your just a piece of [edited]that dont deserve to have a xbox or any game console for that matter. GROW UP!!!!!

(KEEP CALM AND LISTEN TO METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):trollface:

SIaDe #7 Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Supertester
Lag switch?
O' Hail, O' Hail Artillery!
King of Battle follow me
Nothing in this life is free
Raining Steel on enemies!

Buick350X #8 Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
They won't do anything, Microsoft won't do anything.
Take one the most simplest cheats that isn't blocked [ works in most games].
modded controllers. There is a new one out, that is 100% configurable to do wild button combo's at a speed no human could replicate.
User control input speed is beyond simple to red flag but they never will.
And yea people will exploit flaws to mess you up.

The Unofficial Official forum for the World of Tanks Xbox 360e Clan Hellcats

http://Hellcats.US

Hellcats Now Recruiting

Message CL0UDY BiGTiNY with any questions or to join.

VTEC DRIFTER667 #9 Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View PostBuick350X, on 21 October 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

They won't do anything, Microsoft won't do anything.
Take one the most simplest cheats that isn't blocked [ works in most games].
modded controllers. There is a new one out, that is 100% configurable to do wild button combo's at a speed no human could replicate.
User control input speed is beyond simple to red flag but they never will.
And yea people will exploit flaws to mess you up.

Yeah and I pray to god they never attempt to "patch" modded controllers in CoD again. Think back to WaW why the heck should I be punished just because I happen to have a fast finger, really I mean I was able to get mod blocked with just my finger (I missed almost all my shots) but really it's a game and if I want to waste my day missing shots with my WWII rifles that's my business.

My life is basically all about shiny swords, flashy capes, and adorable kittens! --Momentai ;]

Momentai means "Don't worry, take it easy, everything will be ok"

GeneralZap1 #10 Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
Just in case it wasn't clear to one or two people; 1. I don't endorse hacking Xbox (to gain advantage, now by golly, add all the beautiful blue lights to your Xbox you want), 2. Trying to make sure the type of persons who would do it hopefully won't find out.

Current).

Savage13 #11 Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• Supertester
Having a hyper-fast or programable controller wouldnt really help in WoT as I can see it - what are you going to do, spam the fire trigger, spam the map or zoom or reload or change ammo button?  Just dont see it being a big factor in this game.  There is nothing that you can do with a controller that happens at faster speeds than a person could do manually.  I would think this game on xbox would be pretty hard to hack.

GeneralZap1 #12 Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
Fortunately it is more "complicated" than hacking the controller and couldn't affect game code.

Current).

Savage13 #13 Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Captain

• Supertester

View PostsIade, on 21 October 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Lag switch?
Dont know - does a lag switch cut only upstream data or both ways?  If it was both ways, you'd lose track of the other players as well, or would be disconnected from XBL and get dumped to dashboard.  Someone smarter about this stuff want to comment?

GeneralZap1 #14 Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
I believe it is intended cut both ways, since the cat is out of the bag. Meaning that until they switch it back on, theoretically they could fire at an unmoving object, then turn it back on. I don't know, never tried it and there are no custom WOT games between only you and a friend to test it out.

Edited by GeneralZap1, 22 October 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Current).

SIaDe #15 Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Supertester
Or if you were shooting at a tank, it would disappear then reappear in another spot.
O' Hail, O' Hail Artillery!
King of Battle follow me
Nothing in this life is free
Raining Steel on enemies!

HAWKLANDER #16 Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
I also believe that there is some kind of cheating method that is being used as well but; what kind is the question. When your tank starts to move and shoot  when your hands are not even on the controls is one thing I have seen. Have your tank skip from side to side or just stop moving with the turret in rotation. I first thought it was my controller but this has happened even after I have switched out with a different one.

Buick350X #17 Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
was just an example,MS could easily block those with super human input speed skills only a robot could repeat but they won't. Neither will the more complex to lag out a certain person in any game.

The Unofficial Official forum for the World of Tanks Xbox 360e Clan Hellcats

http://Hellcats.US

Hellcats Now Recruiting

Message CL0UDY BiGTiNY with any questions or to join.

Starshoy #18 Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Major

• Moderator RU

View PostBuick350X, on 21 October 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

was just an example,MS could easily block those with super human input speed skills only a robot could repeat but they won't. Neither will the more complex to lag out a certain person in any game.
Not that I am particularly fond of Microsoft, but why is it their problem and not WG for example? Also, I don't think there is reliable way to distinguish between uneven exchange caused by natural lag and cheats. If game would have low tolerance to lag, you'd be regularly disconnected, which is quite annoying.

GeneralZap1 #19 Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
MSFT has nothing to do with this lag switching, if they did it would be massively complicated and expensive to figure it out for every game.

Current).

MRXBOX n VAN BC #20 Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
YA THE NEWEST WAY PEOPLE CHEAT IS THREW THEIR TRANSFER CABLE . I remember being so #1 at BF2 THAT IT TOOK 1 GUY 2000 HOURS TO STEAL MY HEAVY TANK STAT  & HIS FRIEND 3000 HOURS TO STEAL MY #1 HELICOPTER STAT . I lost a lot of my stats to BAD GAME DESIGN AS WELL AS CHEATS ! So where there's a will there's a cheater with MODS FROM THE PC VERSION PLAYN LIKE A D-BAG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MRXBOX n VAN BC, 22 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

XBL'S #1 PLAYER FOR 10 YEARS and COUNTING !!!

Also tagged with hacking, hackers, hardware, Xbox360, Xbox One

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users