Malinovka appear too often! I got the evidence!

malinovka assault matchmaking maps rotation study

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Malinovka appear too frequent (68 members have cast votes)

Reduce the change of player getting malinovka in any mode!

1. YES (52 votes [75.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.36%

2. NO (17 votes [24.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

MegaB0B0 #1 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Players

All right, since yesterday I recorded down the maps and details of every game I have played

Totally 51 of them, a sizable sample base I recon. I am looking to update further when I play again.

Here are the raw data of the most repeated maps Off the 51 games:

champion:                       malinovka                    appeared 14 times

second place:                Sand River                   appeared 7 times

Third places                 Mountain Pass              appeared  6 times

Fourth place                      cliff                            appeared  5 times

Fifth places:            Mines     /     Abbey             appeared 4 times  each

The map only show up once in my 51 games:   El Halluf     

The map never show up: widepark     (Province don't count since I didn't run t127) 

This means every 3.6 games I will encounter the dreaded malinovka.

The problem of this map however in ANY mode has its attention to that bloody hill top, whether it is standard or encounter it is ALL ABOUT RACE TO THE FREAKING HILL, one side was already on the hill.

Hence what fun or difference is it to play it when two modes are all about driving up the hill??????

One way to fix this map is to either make it a encounter free map or to have it an assault only map.

Or take one mode off this map in any given day, means if we get Encounters Monday, we wont see Standard on Monday but it will be on Tuesday.

No one want to play going up the hill again and again and far too often the side with the most TD and high tier decided to go up there wins.

WGW needs to address the map rotation issue by reduce some of the occurrence of a few of the maps after the weather system is added, it dramatically shoot up some of the identical map occurrence, resulting likes of playing the same map just different mode and different weather system continuously.

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll!!!

vVMr GoodCatVv #2 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

I voted yes but I don't mind mali if I don't see it for a few hours now that we have the weather variations

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

Icesev #3 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
Weather does not affect Map occurrence. Lets Say Mali counted as a 1 before. Now it's weather variants all count as 0.33_

Ereaser NL #4 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester

I dont mind it either, but we do see it way too often.

I will run into a couple of times every day.

Beta tester | WoT360 Profile | Going clanless! (For now)

MegaB0B0 #5 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Players

consider the number of maps we now have, it occurred far too often for stats, not just me but a number of people already left posts saying this map hit rate too frequent, I saw it 4 times in a roll the day before I decided I have to gather evidence... !

UnkeptCanine96 #6 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Players
I get sand river far more than mali.
l0yxVb2.png

Tur8oSquid #7 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
I have noticed that the map rotation is f**ked to all hell atm, it's Malinovka and Sand River up the a$$ lately. 

"Fidelis ad Mortem"

Cheesie Burrito #8 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
I would like to see abbey more than once a night....I never have seen the fishing village one.

Ereaser NL #9 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
Also the past few days I haven't seen Himmelsdorf at all?

Beta tester | WoT360 Profile | Going clanless! (For now)

Matthew J35U5 #10 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostMegaB0B0, on 13 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

All right, since yesterday I recorded down the maps and details of every game I have played

Totally 51 of them, a sizable sample base I recon. I am looking to update further when I play again.

Fourth place                      cliff                            appeared  5 times

Fifth places:            Mines     /     Abbey             appeared 4 times  each

The problem of this map however in ANY mode has its attention to that bloody hill top, whether it is standard or encounter it is ALL ABOUT RACE TO THE FREAKING HILL, one side was already on the hill.

Hence what fun or difference is it to play it when two modes are all about driving up the hill??????

One way to fix this map is to either make it a encounter free map or to have it an assault only map.

Or take one mode off this map in any given day, means if we get Encounters Monday, we wont see Standard on Monday but it will be on Tuesday.

No one want to play going up the hill again and again and far too often the side with the most TD and high tier decided to go up there wins.

WGW needs to address the map rotation issue by reduce some of the occurrence of a few of the maps after the weather system is added, it dramatically shoot up some of the identical map occurrence, resulting likes of playing the same map just different mode and different weather system continuously.

:sceptic:

51 is not a sizeable sample size. Get 250-500 games and then get back to me. 

MegaB0B0 #11 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Players

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 14 May 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

I get sand river far more than mali.

it is doing its best to contest for champion, it occurred 7 times for me and it is the 2nd most occurred map as it has 3 different modes and a night variant.

DrummerDude82 #12 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Corporal

• Players

View PostMegaB0B0, on 13 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

I got a total of 36 when adding this up.....what maps showed up for the other 15 games?

MegaB0B0 #13 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Major

• Players

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 14 May 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

yeap, just my first day, I want to be proven wrong too.. yet if after 200 games, and Mali and Sand Rv came up top, then WGW will HAVE to Do something!

MegaB0B0 #14 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Major

• Players

View PostDrummerDude82, on 14 May 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

I got a total of 36 when adding this up.....what maps showed up for the other 15 games?

effectively all maps show up, Proka Lakeville Fisherman Himms and Westfield are under 4 each 

Matthew J35U5 #15 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostMegaB0B0, on 13 May 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

yeap, just my first day, I want to be proven wrong too.. yet if after 200 games, and Mali and Sand Rv came up top, then WGW will HAVE to Do something!

Okay, good, just making sure. Last time I did this I had assault only come up about three times in my first 40 games, and then come up about 18 times in my next ~60.

alabbo #16 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
I think the rotation is different day to day & person to person. For me, I don't get Mali frequently.

Aria Nocturne #17 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• Supertester
Yeah I was getting Mali a lot as well as westifield.

Abatement in the hostility of one's enemies must never be thought to signify they have been won over. It only means that one has ceased to constitute a threat. - Quentin Crisp

Concrete Lord #18 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Sergeant

• Supertester
I played quite a bit last weekend and actually saw very little of Malinovka. I saw Sand River and the MInes more.

Zulu Calm #19 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
Yep I noticed this myself. Surely though in a reasonably sized sample whatever that may be, there should be about the same frequency of each map. The same with weather conditions. The Snow Pass snow coming down reminds me of a Bing Crosby movie. With burning tanks. Lol.

BrownTrout79 #20 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 13 May 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

While you are correct, 51 is a low sample size if your trying to get the broader picture. 

But consider that let's say a typical player only plays 10-30 matches in a sitting. 

Thats the sample size that really matters. 

If I get Mali 4 times out of 10 matches on one day and 2 times out of 10 the next day, I'm more inclined to remember the 4/10 day.  

The amount of complaints alone over the last month or so justifies a change to the map rotation. 

Also tagged with malinovka, assault, matchmaking, maps, rotation, study

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users