Crew training

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

amanwiththree #1 Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

Mmmmkay.

250 battles in my M3,

100k XP (I've bought the M5 too obviously)

Elite

57% victories

Ace tanker

A few patrol duty & scout medals, sharpshooter etc

63% death rate due to a certain amount of measured suicide and kamaikaze attacks.

Big book under the left hand corner of the TV screen to make it tilt to the right

The bar has just started to move into the red.

Black Prince

99 battles

92k XP

Not elite

60% wins

Ace tanker

A few medals

49% death rate,

Exactly the same amount of crew XP shown.

No premium used.

Is it safe to assume that crew training is directly related to the amount of XP?

Lower tiers = lower XP = lower rate of training for your crew.

The Black prince isn't even elite, but is a higher tier.

If I am correct then perhaps this should be tweaked to make it relate to the tier.

Views?

RiceDrizzle88 #2 Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

View Postamanwiththree, on 14 February 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Mmmmkay.

250 battles in my M3,

100k XP (I've bought the M5 too obviously)

Elite

57% victories

Ace tanker

A few patrol duty & scout medals, sharpshooter etc

63% death rate due to a certain amount of measured suicide and kamaikaze attacks.

Big book under the left hand corner of the TV screen to make it tilt to the right

The bar has just started to move into the red.

Black Prince

99 battles

92k XP

Not elite

60% wins

Ace tanker

A few medals

49% death rate,

Exactly the same amount of crew XP shown.

No premium used.

Is it safe to assume that crew training is directly related to the amount of XP?

Lower tiers = lower XP = lower rate of training for your crew.

The Black prince isn't even elite, but is a higher tier.

If I am correct then perhaps this should be tweaked to make it relate to the tier.

Views?

I honestly don't know but I can tell you this. Back in beta I played roughly around 150 matches in a Hetzer (guessing), and I got a 100% crew in that thing. Beast of a tank if it's 100%.

amanwiththree #3 Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

After 250 battles you'd think that they'd know what they were doing.

Oh hang on a second, after a thousand battles I still don't know what I'm doing,,,

Starshoy #4 Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Moderator RU

It is indeed directly linked to amount of XP (on PC). It is definitely several times slower here than on PC. Also, if we start with 50% and the progress bar displays values between 50% and 100%,  no initial progress until about 100K makes no sense, on PC progress is not linear, so it is takes much longer to grind from 99% to 100% than from 50% to 51%.

All this looks to me like not even a bug, but a concept not completely developed. In other words, they do track progress but have vague idea of how it will look in final version. I think it is OK if full crew implementation won't take many months, pretty bad otherwise.

amanwiththree #5 Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

I agree,WG can you look at this please? 

When crew training is implemented can it be related to the tier's XP rather than XP pure.

(I want the ability to train them, fairly, then transfer them to a higher tier scout tank you see, but that's a secret)

kingrich06 #6 Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
do you lose the progress of crew xp when you sell a tank?  does it continue where it left off when you buy it back?

Day 20 something of Premium and loving it, I should have went to the dark side back in Feb., I would have all the Tier X's and not be so poor!!

My King Tiger & Leopard A4 1:16th Scale Radio Controlled Tanks

Kuchiki28 CIC #7 Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Major

• Supertester
another question is do you lose crew xp when using xp to buy packages?

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

EFLICK72 #8 Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
50k+ on my luchs (elite@96 battles) and looks at about 5%

Garrulous Llama #9 Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
No crew xp movement on any of my tanks and I am 500 battles in.  41 battles on a Marder II and nothing. In the beta some of my low tier tanks had 4 battles and full crew xp.  Nothing makes sense here at all.  82 battles on the AT2 as the biggest amount, and of course, 0% xp. Plenty of tanks are elite.

amanwiththree #10 Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View Postkingrich06, on 15 February 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

do you lose the progress of crew xp when you sell a tank?  does it continue where it left off when you buy it back?

Yes you do sadly, and you have to start with a green* crew when you buy it again, because we don't have "barracks" like the PC version.

I had about 60% trained crew on my Churchill VII, bought the Caernavon and assumed that the heavy crew would transfer there.

They didn't, instead I got a sliver of red on ,my M5 and a slight buff to my M3 crew instead.

This needs tweaking. 

* (inexperienced)

TiniestAxis3834 #11 Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Major

• Beta Tester

View Postkingrich06, on 15 February 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

The Crew XP (currently) will be split among any crew members of the same nationality that are not at 100% yet. If you buy the tank back, you get a 50% crew (empty bar).

View PostKuchiki28 CIC, on 15 February 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

another question is do you lose crew xp when using xp to buy packages?

Nope, thats Tank XP and Free XP and won't affect your Crew training.

The Xbox crews are gaining XP slower due to the way it is divided among them. On PC if you had 1,000 XP and a crew of 4 each would get 1,000 XP. On Xbox the 1,000 XP is divided equally among the four of them so the each only get 250 XP. This of course is leaving out that dead crew members get less XP then live ones, but it should give you an idea of why its taking longer then you expect.

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

amanwiththree #12 Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View PostTiniestAxis3834, on 16 February 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

The Xbox crews are gaining XP slower due to the way it is divided among them. On PC if you had 1,000 XP and a crew of 4 each would get 1,000 XP. On Xbox the 1,000 XP is divided equally among the four of them so the each only get 250 XP. This of course is leaving out that dead crew members get less XP then live ones, but it should give you an idea of why its taking longer then you expect.

1000XP in a Tier 3 game as a scout is rare, not impossible, but rare nevertheless.

The same amount of XP should be easy enough at tier VII in a heavy

So it should be changed to make it relative to the tier as opposed to the easiest,laziest, most basic calculation of it being purely related to XP otherwise it is utterly flawed.

Simple.

TiniestAxis3834 #13 Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester

View Postamanwiththree, on 16 February 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

1000XP in a Tier 3 game as a scout is rare, not impossible, but rare nevertheless.

The same amount of XP should be easy enough at tier VII in a heavy

So it should be changed to make it relative to the tier as opposed to the easiest,laziest, most basic calculation of it being purely related to XP otherwise it is utterly flawed.

Simple.

You apparently missed the point entirely... I used the 1,000 XP as an example because it is a nice round number and easy to work with...

The XP is divided equally among the crew members on the tank, however many of them there are and no matter what the XP actually was. Dead crew members get less XP then the ones to survive to the end of the match.

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

Anvil LFO #14 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Captain

• Supertester
I have around a 60% crew on my Panther II at 100+ battles. Nothing else is showing any apart from my Pz. V/IV which came with a 100% crew. 

Tom - The Lost Legion

Currently driving an T-62A, IS-7, T-57, T-54 (Elite), E-75(Elite), IS-3(Elite), IS-6, T26E4, SU-152(Grinding), TOG II*, Hellcat(Elite), Pz. V/IV, Hetzer(Elite), Tetrarch, T-127. 

amanwiththree #15 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View PostTiniestAxis3834, on 16 February 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

You apparently missed the point entirely... I used the 1,000 XP as an example because it is a nice round number and easy to work with...

The XP is divided equally among the crew members on the tank, however many of them there are and no matter what the XP actually was. Dead crew members get less XP then the ones to survive to the end of the match.

No man I fully understand that the 1000 was an example,a nice easy number to work with.

What I'm trying to get across is just because your tank is a higher tier and thus likely to earn more XP,you shouldn't automatically get more crew XP simply by virtue of that fact. 

It penalises people who want to play lower tiers and train their crews.

Don't get me wrong, I want to tier up and already have but right now I'm having a really good time in my beloved M3 and want to use a trained crew to go into a higher tier scout tank.

I can't do that because I have just discovered that it gives a buff to all your crews in the garage...

So in very very simple terms, lower tier tanks should get a more equitable rate of crew training than simply basing it on earned XP alone and scout crews go to scout tanks, heavy to heavy etc 

Edited by amanwiththree, 16 February 2014 - 09:30 AM.

TiniestAxis3834 #16 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
Once the Barracks is introduced, the crew movement part you want will be there but I don't know if the XP division will ever change...

amanwiththree #17 Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

I for one think It should.

WG - do you have any views? (in between fixing the servers)

TiniestAxis3834 #18 Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
I think the WG's are a little busy giving the hamster CPR and trying to get him back on the wheel that powers the servers to answer questions right now...

amanwiththree #19 Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

Then perhaps each server should have a dedicated hamster.

Running 3 servers off one hamster is pushing it, not to mention cruel.

FledBasher #20 Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

View Postamanwiththree, on 16 February 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Then perhaps each server should have a dedicated hamster.

Running 3 servers off one hamster is pushing it, not to mention cruel.

If there is a spot in the store to donate or purchase an extea hampster , please let me know. I'll gladly donate to the server hampster fund or even buy a fee of my own. A hampster for every onr of my tanks. Super hampster tanks...hell yeah

Another service announcement brought to you by Public Safety

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users