Which Packs Should I Buy?

t23 pz3/4 shermanbetatank t-25 founderspack newpack

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Sergant Dumbasz #1 Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester

I plan on putting $50 into the game before these special packs run out:

I have heard both positive and negative thoughts on the T23, it seems enjoyable but is it a good money maker?

The Sherman Beta Test Premium Tank is a novelty, and I have never owned one in the PC version, is this a cheaper solution than buying a T23?

I plan on buying the Panzer 3/4, I have not obtained this tank in the PC version.

The T-25 I have obtained in the PC version.

I am mostly confused on which tank seems the best for making credits and having a fun time. I have heard that the T23 is a hated and loved tank, based on its gun and armor it receives negative rep. The beta test sherman and Panzer 3/4 are rare premium tanks that many pc players adore and beg the PC moderators to put into give shops, are these tanks enjoyable? I just want to know which tank I will be getting bigger bang for my buck. I plan on buying two packs.

Thanks!

Kuchiki28 CIC #2 Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

Major

• Supertester
personally im buying both as I want the T-127 for the Seal Clubber Lounge in my garage as my Pz II J is lonely

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

DbulHelix #3 Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

Captain

• Supertester

Buy whichever one you want, Dumbasz!

kidding… But seriously; it's a Panzer V/IV, and it's really pretty great. Some seem to like the T-25, but I hear nothing good about the T23 or the Jumbo variant… Everyone likes different things though.

The Panzer V/IV is a no-brainer, but otherwise, I can't offer much advice.

Kuchiki28 CIC #4 Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Major

• Supertester
As far as Quickstart Packs go the M4A2 has good armor,a decent Gun and Recieves Preferential Matchmaking,it will only see tier VI and below,http://wiki.worldoftanks.com is the wiki site to check out stats if you want

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

Sergant Dumbasz #5 Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
Does anyone know if they are planning to add the e-25 as well?

Disheartend #6 Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
T23 wont make you money since you'll be spamming APCR into tanks just to actually pen tanks your own tier consistently for that DPM. Weak armor  but gets 1300hp I believe.

Prepare yourselves the bells have tolled, shelter your weak, your young and your old.

Each of you shall pay the final sum, cry for mercy the reckoning has come. ~ WoW Headless Horseman

Sovietdeath #7 Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Major

• Supertester

View PostSergant Dumbasz, on 13 February 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

Does anyone know if they are planning to add the e-25 as well?

They are planning on adding many many more tanks down the line so we won't know how many or how far they will go as for your OP

Go with both quick start packs main reason is the 9 more garage spaces you will get by buying them plus the 2,000,000 silver 

Though personally i also would get both founders packs as well but i know not everyone has cash on hand gd luck out there  o

o7

Dennis420b #8 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
I am having no issues earning silver in my T23. I dont really have an issue with pen, but damage is lacking. If you are doing it for the tanks? founders pack's. For the long hall/bargain? Starter packs. The half jumbo is okay. The T-25, you already know. T-2 is just fun. Its comic relief. Freaks out the seals.

Edited by Dennis420b, 13 February 2014 - 07:08 AM.

TiniestAxis3834 #9 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostDisheartend, on 12 February 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

T23 wont make you money since you'll be spamming APCR into tanks just to actually pen tanks your own tier consistently for that DPM. Weak armor  but gets 1300hp I believe.

I've only played 6 battles in my T23 so far and have a perfect win rate going and it does make alot of Silver...

Hit points are 1,440 not 1,300. As for the gun, if you're using premium rounds then you need to go back to the low tiers and learn how to aim. The T23 has the 76mm M1A1 (though its called the 76mm T23 in game) which is the top gun on the Jumbo and the first upgrade on the T20 however, the T23 has a higher rate of fire then either of them.

The T23 is not a heavy tank brawler it is a medium tank flanker. Get around the flank and you won't have any trouble penetrating with standard AP rounds, any one that "has" to use premium rounds simply isn't using the tank correctly, much like some one of drives an SPG like an assualt gun... With the accuracy and high rof, the T23 can be used as a sniper but it really shines in a flanker or second line fire support role.

View PostSergant Dumbasz, on 12 February 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

I have heard both positive and negative thoughts on the T23, it seems enjoyable but is it a good money maker?

The Sherman Beta Test Premium Tank is a novelty, and I have never owned one in the PC version, is this a cheaper solution than buying a T23?

I plan on buying the Panzer 3/4, I have not obtained this tank in the PC version.

I am mostly confused on which tank seems the best for making credits and having a fun time. I have heard that the T23 is a hated and loved tank, based on its gun and armor it receives negative rep. The beta test sherman and Panzer 3/4 are rare premium tanks that many pc players adore and beg the PC moderators to put into give shops, are these tanks enjoyable? I just want to know which tank I will be getting bigger bang for my buck. I plan on buying two packs.

Thanks!

To really get the best bang for your buck... get both Founders packs and you get a free Russian Tier III T-127 with 100% crew and garage slot. Its a fun little tank and pretty good for it's tier. If you buy both of the Starter packs you get a free American Tier II T2 Light, which I haven't gotten around to playing yet so I won't comment on it.

The T23, see above, I would recommend.

The Pz V/IV is also a good tank worth getting, though it should be pointed out that it is not an unstoppable juggernaut as some have been claiming on the forum.

The M4A2E4 is not a bad Sherman variant, just don't be fooled by it's looks it is not a Jumbo but rather the half way point between a stock M4 and the Jumbo. If you play it like a M4 you'll do great, play it like a Jumbo and you'll be a burning wreck in a hurry.

The T25 is not a bad tank, looks aside... It does the job and is often under estimated on the battle field, to funny/painful results.

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

UA4LIFE #10 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

Captain

• Supertester
I would definitely go with what Soviet said, get the starter packs for those garage slots & silver. The tanks that happen to come with them are a bonus, especially the T-25.

Dennis420b #11 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
Why is the T-23 getting a bad rep? Its a fun tank, and a big earner. Its not a super tank and that's good. We cant have this being a pay to win game.

TheMEagle #12 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostDennis420b, on 13 February 2014 - 01:15 AM, said:

Why is the T-23 getting a bad rep? Its a fun tank, and a big earner. Its not a super tank and that's good. We cant have this being a pay to win game.

Because it loses duels to a couple of tier 6 mediums and is a laughing stock to its on-tier opponents.

STURMHAUBITZE42 #13 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester

T-25 and Pz.Kpfw.V/IV are both great.  The V/IV is a bit OP and may get nerfed (needs to be better balanced for Tier V) but is a total bully when top tier.  The T-25 is a fun tank too, not as dominating but still fun.

Like Dennis mentioned, the T23 seems like a good tank and can take a beating thanks to it's considerable amount of HP (1440) and decent frontal armor.  It seems to balance itself out with a Tier VI gun (M1A2).

TiniestAxis3834 #14 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostTheMEagle, on 13 February 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Because it loses duels to a couple of tier 6 mediums and is a laughing stock to its on-tier opponents.

Again, if you can't get penetration with the 76mm M1A1 then you need to practice your aim. I've dueled with a 36.01 using gols rounds and a 30.01 using HE and took them both out (frontal shots) without tanking any damage at all. The sloped frontal armor on the T23 is quite good for it's tier and when angled properly it bounces shots like crazy. A lot of players seem to under-estimate this tank because it can't go nose-to-nose with higher tier heavy tanks... Flank, go for the weak spots, use cover and angle your armor and this tank will do good by you!

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

abhiop741 #15 Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester

I agree at 200 % to what TiniestAxis3834 said. Not even a word more to say !

To respond to TheMEagle, T-23 is a good tank but must be used with intelligence. With it you cannot run in the battle and crush everything. You must use the good mobility (relative to T-29 and so on) of the T-23 to find a good position to flank the heavies. Lose a duel against a tier 6 medium with a T23 is possible if playing very bad, for example if you do a frontal shooting with a Jumbo or a Churchill 7 that has better armor, but you must move and shoot on the side or rear of such tanks to pen with the 76 mm !

When a few days ago many T-29, Tigers and other tiers 7 and 8 begin to appear, I thought first my T-23 will be unusable but I was wrong. Well used the T-23 is really a very good tank. For example if facing a TD with a very big gun, the T-23 with its mobility has more abilities to do something (try to flank it) than a T-29 with no speed !

Yesterday with my T-23 during a game I destroyed a Black Prince that didn't see me (the player was shootin at others and wasn't very reactive as I shot on his left side) and later in the same party with other players we destroyed 2 T-29 that were camping at their base and we won. With the T-23 you cannot do all the job alone (but who can ?) but well used and playing with other players the T-23 is a formidable tank !

Edited by abhiop741, 13 February 2014 - 07:59 AM.

« Il y a trois sortes de mensonges : les mensonges, les sacrés mensonges et les statistiques.  »
Mark Twain

FCTAFF #16 Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Supertester
I'm not sure I would pick up the packs, get the 12 month premium. Maybe the last pack with the t25, it's a great fun tank.
Even Chuck Norris runs away from the T95

xURxMOTH3Rx #17 Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
pz V/lV is beast the russian tier 7 is beast but these tanks will get you no where but xp to convert to spend on tanks that u are grinding thy are fun tho... i have zero of them only pack i got was the 30days premium and 100k silver for 2,600 got that twice... im set to grind my heart out.
:bush:bush wookies UNITE...... Beta tester since 8-18-13

TiniestAxis3834 #18 Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostxURxMOTH3Rx, on 13 February 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

pz V/lV is beast the russian American tier 7 is beast but these tanks will get you no where but xp to convert to spend on tanks that u are grinding thy are fun tho... i have zero of them only pack i got was the 30days premium and 100k silver for 2,600 got that twice... im set to grind my heart out.

The Russian tank you get from the packs is a Tier III T-127, the Tier VII Premium is an American T23.

Edited by TiniestAxis3834, 13 February 2014 - 12:15 PM.

FledBasher #19 Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester

View PostSergant Dumbasz, on 13 February 2014 - 05:55Sherman is great for making t14 said:

Thanks!

I have them all and figure out how to play them and they are all great tanks. None play the same.

Another service announcement brought to you by Public Safety

Disheartend #20 Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View PostTiniestAxis3834, on 13 February 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Again, if you can't get penetration with the 76mm M1A1 then you need to practice your aim. I've dueled with a 36.01 using gols rounds and a 30.01 using HE and took them both out (frontal shots) without tanking any damage at all. The sloped frontal armor on the T23 is quite good for it's tier and when angled properly it bounces shots like crazy. A lot of players seem to under-estimate this tank because it can't go nose-to-nose with higher tier heavy tanks... Flank, go for the weak spots, use cover and angle your armor and this tank will do good by you!

My 36.01 laughs when I see T23s. Sloped armor means nothing when the thickness of your armour with it barely exceeds its base thickness I was giving a rough estimate of it's health because I simply don't care enough. If you think killing tier 6 tanks is impressive and a must buy for a tier 7 I am lost for words. The M1A1 was great for the sherman variants and it under performs at tier 7 everyone knows to flank in mediums instead of brawl but not every map or situation you can do this in and not every player is a donkey and will let you do this. This is coming from someone who loved the T20 dearly.

The T23 does have in it's advatage its boosted health pool and high rate of fire so any tank with long reloads can be punished with ease with two to three return shots yeah it is a good earner if you have a good match up against lots of squishy tanks but the penetration is lacking and for refence see the Comet since they are are similar in this regard.

Prepare yourselves the bells have tolled, shelter your weak, your young and your old.

Each of you shall pay the final sum, cry for mercy the reckoning has come. ~ WoW Headless Horseman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users