M46 Patton Packages adjustment suggestion

M46 Patton suggestion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The Perception #1 Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
The tier IX M46 Patton should have an adjustment to the starting package and the first upgrade package. The final upgrade package is fine as it is.
The starting package for the M46 is the "M26 Package" with the 90mm M3 160/240 dmg. While the M103 starts off with the T5E1 105mm doing 198/320 dmg.
I feel that if the starting package should be changed to the T15E2M2 90mm gun. It does 180/240 dmg, while damage remains the same, the increase in penetration makes a huge difference.
The first upgrade should be the T5E1 105mm gun which does a bit more damage and penetration (198/320 dmg). This makes the upgrade package's "development" more linear as the final upgrade package is the T5E1M2 which does 218/390 dmg.
As it currently stands the starting package and the first upgrade make the M46 Patton a support and spotting tank at best. The starting package makes combat against tier 8 and up difficult and being a tier IX tank, the M46 faces very heavily armored opponents.
The grind to the final package was to say the least a pain. The characteristics of the tank change immensely after acquiring the final upgrade.
The Patton suffers from having weak initial guns and as a result makes playing more painful than a joy.
These are my personal thoughts on the package set up of the M46 Patton, feel free to disagree, but please state a reason. Thanks for reading.

Edited by The Perception, 30 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Doc by day, tanker by night...

Who Mei #2 Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
I like.

The Iron Horsemen

My Record

Radica1Cat #3 Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
You're comparing a Tier IX Medium to a Tier IX Heavy. Argument is already void.

Additionally, the E-75 starts off with an 88mm cannon. Why not complain about that? It's a Tier IX Heavy. The E-50 starts off with a 75mm cannon. Why should the Americans be boosted up before the Germans?

~Sig courtesy of KeystoneCops~ ~Nazi Germany Master Race~

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/community/accounts/9689-Radica1Cat/

~90% Sarcastic~ ~10% Bathing in Cat Nip~

The Real Quigi #4 Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
I'm not too worried about the config's....seems the whole community is leaning to modules anyways for final relese.

The Perception #5 Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester

View PostRadica1Cat, on 31 October 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

You're comparing a Tier IX Medium to a Tier IX Heavy. Argument is already void.

Additionally, the E-75 starts off with an 88mm cannon. Why not complain about that? It's a Tier IX Heavy. The E-50 starts off with a 75mm cannon. Why should the Americans be boosted up before the Germans?

I haven't had a chance to play beyond tier VI on the German tanks. But I believe a similar pattern can be applied to other tanks. This is a suggestion on one particular tank that I noticed the underwhelming gun evolution. I currently am working on American medium and heavies. I apologize for not clarifying that.

Comparison between the tier IX heavy and medium is to demonstrate the rather large discrepancy in penetration abilities of the two tanks. Tier IX tanks normally engage in battles with tanks that are often tier VII-X and the 90mm M3 provides little to no penetration against base tanks from tier VIII on up from my experience.

I appreciate your time and comments on my suggestion.

Doc by day, tanker by night...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users